The Networked Society



There are some remarkable social networking models suggested in this clip. Which resonate with you? Share your thoughts below.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crazy stuff. I thought it interesting that Cerf mentioned the mobile phone becoming a companion and not just a device. I also agreed with the man that said all this technology holds both promise and peril. I think it is all in how we use it and how often.

Kursty said...

When your living your everyday life you don't think that your living in a certain era. We grew up learning about the Golden Age, the Enlightenment and the Industrial Revolution however, very few people I've met know that we're living in our own era. That when Our great great x30 grandchildren study us in history they'll know that we lived in the technological age.

I also thought it was interesting when it was noted that there is reason to be proud of our generation. So often we hear the negative influence technology has had on society, it's nice to hear how much technology has improved our world.

Unknown said...

The internet is interjecting into most aspects of our lives, because it has become MOBILE. The flexibility of the network we have in our pockets, or in our cars has decreased the idea that there are places the internet cannot reach.

This video reminded me of how I misuse the internet. The amount of time I use the internet for betterment or research or schoolwork is significantly less than the time I use it idlely.