Wow! I have heard of the hackers targeting big companies like Ashley Madison, Home Depot, and Target to steal data, but this really brings the problem into my own life. The act of remotely hacking into my personal computer and essentially locking me out of my personal documents is infuriating. I would be helpless to retrieve my information without submitting to the hackers demands. Although it is unfair that big businesses are subjected to data hacks, at least they have a fighting chance to avert the attack. People like the grandmother in this report, and everyday people, are easy targets with little defense against this cyber terrorism.
I would have liked the report to at least give a few tips on how to avoid these types of breaches against privacy. Instead, it just dug a little deeper to let you know that some people sell time to others and allow them to remotely spy on your computer too. How do you ever feel safe again? Do you have to back up all your pictures, music, and files by the hour? Do you have to completely unplug to maintain privacy?
The hacker enterprise is one that is continuing to grow and organize. Though law enforcement may momentarily shut it down, it can pop back up again quickly. As an organization that operates in cyberspace it can move and hide in between the ones and zeros. Privacy may be a luxury of the past.
It makes me so sad that we depend so much on technology, and yet while we are using it, we are so vulnerable. This is exactly why I back up all of my documents and photos on external drives. Hopefully those don't get hacked into! Like Melodee, I wonder if we have to completely unplug to maintain our privacy. Hearing things like this, where innocent civilians can be attacked for no reason, or financial gain by the hackers is so sad to me.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lawfully control these hackers. Everything is done so anonymously. It's so easy to hide through the internet.
WOW! I know that this happens everyday all around us. But, I had no idea to what extent until I listened to this. It almost scares you to get online. Unfortunately, with technology going the way that it is, we have no choice. I have heard of numerous people that have been affected by this type of criminal activity. I was surprised to know how in depth this type of activity goes. Hacker magazines, chat rooms where these individuals can go to brag, swap stories, get advice and tips. It is sad to know that this type of activity as run as a business. In January of this year, someone got a hold of my Dixie One credit card number, while I was on vacation. Within two days, my grant money, and scholarship money had all been taken. This took almost four months to sort out. It literally was a nightmare. All I can say is I'm going to do what I can to keep my information private, and try to avoid this kind of thing happening to me again.
3 comments:
Wow! I have heard of the hackers targeting big companies like Ashley Madison, Home Depot, and Target to steal data, but this really brings the problem into my own life. The act of remotely hacking into my personal computer and essentially locking me out of my personal documents is infuriating. I would be helpless to retrieve my information without submitting to the hackers demands. Although it is unfair that big businesses are subjected to data hacks, at least they have a fighting chance to avert the attack. People like the grandmother in this report, and everyday people, are easy targets with little defense against this cyber terrorism.
I would have liked the report to at least give a few tips on how to avoid these types of breaches against privacy. Instead, it just dug a little deeper to let you know that some people sell time to others and allow them to remotely spy on your computer too. How do you ever feel safe again? Do you have to back up all your pictures, music, and files by the hour? Do you have to completely unplug to maintain privacy?
The hacker enterprise is one that is continuing to grow and organize. Though law enforcement may momentarily shut it down, it can pop back up again quickly. As an organization that operates in cyberspace it can move and hide in between the ones and zeros. Privacy may be a luxury of the past.
It makes me so sad that we depend so much on technology, and yet while we are using it, we are so vulnerable. This is exactly why I back up all of my documents and photos on external drives. Hopefully those don't get hacked into! Like Melodee, I wonder if we have to completely unplug to maintain our privacy. Hearing things like this, where innocent civilians can be attacked for no reason, or financial gain by the hackers is so sad to me.
I can't imagine how difficult it must be to lawfully control these hackers. Everything is done so anonymously. It's so easy to hide through the internet.
WOW! I know that this happens everyday all around us. But, I had no idea to what extent until I listened to this. It almost scares you to get online. Unfortunately, with technology going the way that it is, we have no choice. I have heard of numerous people that have been affected by this type of criminal activity.
I was surprised to know how in depth this type of activity goes. Hacker magazines, chat rooms where these individuals can go to brag, swap stories, get advice and tips. It is sad to know that this type of activity as run as a business.
In January of this year, someone got a hold of my Dixie One credit card number, while I was on vacation. Within two days, my grant money, and scholarship money had all been taken. This took almost four months to sort out. It literally was a nightmare. All I can say is I'm going to do what I can to keep my information private, and try to avoid this kind of thing happening to me again.
Post a Comment