The Burning Question

...how can I market our page to a specific audience?

Good question, Steve. We've talked about pages versus clicks. There we discovered that visitors from FB pages convert more often than visitors from display and FB ads. So, the best and cheapest way is through active maintenance of your page.

Got budget? Let's talk advertising.

On your page in the right hand corner menu is Promote with an Ad. Click.




Design Your Ad


A number of options pop up in designing your ad. You have a choice of Sponsored Stories, where you "get more distribution for the News Feed stories published about your Page," or Facebook Ads for Pages, with which we're all familiar.

Edit your ad copy here as well, carefully select your words (we'll spend a day on writing ad copy for this tiny space). The ad itself defaults to the image you're using for your profile pic. You can change the pic by uploading a file.

Click Continue and you arrive here:


Having looked around FB's broad interests categories, I'm not finding what I'm looking for (interesting to note that I used to, these offerings used to be more comprehensive), so I click on Switch to Precise Interest Targeting.



Now we're talking. Here I can type in specific categories for which FB will show you potential audience numbers. "Kayak," hmmm, almost a million people. 


Facebook suggests relative interests. I select Paddle.


But, I want more so I enter Lake Powell, at almost 60k interests...


...and camping. Bingo, almost eleven million users. I'll stop there.


Scroll down and find a few other selections dealing with demographics. Once you've decided what to do here, move on to Campaigns, Pricing and Scheduling. 


This gets a little difficult to understand. In this model we're talking about CPC advertising, or cost per click. This "allows you to specify a certain amount that you are willing to pay each time a user actually clicks on your ad. Pay for Views (also called cost per thousand impressions or CPM) advertising allows you to specify how much you are willing to pay for 1000 views (or impressions) of your ad," according to Facebook. 

For my ad, FB is suggesting $0.90 per click. The budget is up to me. 

Click Review Ad and you're given the chance for last minute changes and revisions to copy and the pic. 

At this point by clicking Place Order you're taken to the transaction part o the process and once completed, you're up, immediately, to your targeted audience.


No comments: